Net Metering is a great way to have your home run on clean, renewable energy. It allows homeowners to utilize solar panels to generate their own electricity to power their homes. In addition, any energy left unconsumed is sent to the utility as a credit that can be redeemed for future consumption.
- Solar Panels convert energy from the sun into Direct Current (DC) electricity.
- An inverter converts the DC electricity produced by the solar panels into Alternating Current (AC) electricity for use in your home.
- AC energy is used in your home
- A bi-directional meter measures energy used and excess energy produced.
- Excess energy is sent to the local grid to be used as credits at a later time.
Billing for net metering varies from country to country, and province to province. Generally, utility companies offer a credit for every excess kilowatt fed to the grid. The credits gained from the excess production can be utilized in later months when local energy production drops. This allows solar power that was generated in July to be used in December.
Residential Solar Services (Off Grid)
At ProFusion, we make taking your home off the grid a simple task. We specially design the entire solar to battery network that will be installed inside your home along with the best installation methods. This ensures that your home will be running optimally by harmonizing the energy from the batteries and solar panels.
Going off-grid is the most effective way to become a self-sustaining energy supplier. It is ideal for homes that are located far from their electricity providers, such as cottages, and as well as those experiencing frequent black outs and brown outs.